This evening I attended the Opening Night of the 2015 Korean Film Festival! Yahooo KOFFIA timeee!!
I always love this time of year, so many new films to fall in love with… And it’s particularly exciting when I fall for films I didn’t expect! I make sure to see as many as I can for just this reason (being reviewing media I guess helps with this, ha!) ^.^
This evening’s film was How To Steal A Dog, with it’s Director Sungho Kim in attendance! This was a really heartwarming film, lots of fuzzy feelings despite it being quite realistic and telling a somewhat sad tale.
In fact this year there are also two films on the line up that I have already seen and LOVED. If you can, really try and see either of these ones. Such incredible films and particularly The Admiral is best enjoyed on a big screen (seen that one twice actually). Here’s my reviews if you’re interested in a bit more of a synopsis!
- The Admiral- Roaring Currents: http://www.theaureview.com/asia/film/film-review-the-admiral-roaring-currents-south-korea-2014
- Gangnam Blues (Lee Minho!): http://www.theaureview.com/asia/film/hello-asia-film-review-gangnam-blues-korea-2015
Here are some of the incredible films I watched last year at KOFFIA 2014:
- Miss Granny (now one of my most favourite films of all time): http://www.theaureview.com/asia/reviews/koffia-2014-film-review-miss-granny-south-korea-2014
- Commitment (TOP!): http://www.theaureview.com/asia/reviews/koffia-2014-film-review-commitment-south-korea-2013
- Top Star: http://www.theaureview.com/asia/reviews/koffia-2014-film-review-top-star-south-korea-2013
Can’t wait to see what else this year has to offer!! So make sure you too check out the KOFFIA line-up in your city and head on down to enjoy some truly excellent films ^.^